I realize I am a little late to the party - but Happy 2014! It feels as if I just got used to writing 2013 on everything and now we are changing again. Such is the life of all of us as busy people I guess. But there is just something refreshing about a new year and being able to attempt to start over. However, just because we want to start fresh, doesn't mean that we should forget all the great things that happened.
I didn't start this little blog until July of last year. I really didn't imagine that I would keep up with it this long, or have more than 10 followers - you guys are awesome! My favorite thing that happened in the year 2013 was getting married! Married life is the best, and besides my twin, my husband is my other half! I loved our wedding day!
My sister got engaged, I started this little internet space, our puppy turned 2, and it marked 1 year working at my job on the critical care unit. 2013 was truly one of my favorite years - 2014 has a lot to live up to!
I am not one for making resolutions, as I believe that our lives can change in an instant, and the resolutions we made may no longer be applicable. I believe more in goals, that can go along with us where ever our lives take us. My goal list isn't exhaustive yet, as I am still thinking of things I want to accomplish, but these are my important ones!
1. Continue to post regularly on my blog, and grow my followers! I think every blogger has this goal, but its obviously a great one! You guys have been amazing readers, and your comments always get me so excited!
2. To post more outfit posts! For some reason, this will require a lot of courage for me, but I love to shop. I was surprised my clothes didn't make more of an entrance into my blog, but the thought of posting my style on my blog makes me nervous for some reason!
3. Be more consistent with reading my devotions! I don't do this every day currently, and I know it's something that will get missed here and there as life gets in the way, but I want it to be much more consistent that I have been. If you don't have the book "Jesus Calling" you should get it. It's a great book for everyday! They even have an app for it that is fantastic as well!
4. Join a church! This will actually happen this month, so I will be able to check this off my goal list early. We're excited to actually belong to a church in our own city instead of the ones where we used to live with our parents.
5. Be more kind spirited, and leave some sparkle in the world! I think having a job in the ICU can at times harden your heart, or "toughen" it up. Some days, I find myself forgetting to be patient and compassionate in those cases where it is so hard to be a kind person all the time. I want to work on this, and be my best self as much as I can be.
I have some fun, more impractical goals as well!
6. Throw the best bridal shower for my sister! I love party planning so I can't wait for this in April!
7. Not to cut my hair! Except for trims. I am trying so hard to grow it out!
8. Work out more consistently! I am not going to set a day number per week to work out on this one, I feel like that sets myself up for failure. But I definitely have a ton of room for improvement!
9. Get my house in order! I have 2 rooms that are half redone. I want to finish those up!
10. Get a dayshift job! As much as I really do love working night shift, we are getting to the point in our lives where we are thinking about starting a family, and we are getting tired of being tired all the time when we visit family or have to be up during the day to get things done. I love the night shift part, but it has a ton of downfalls that I am getting more ready to give up!
Here's to hoping we can all meet our goals this year! What are your goals or resolutions?
PS I'm linking up with these fabulous girls!